Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Facebook

Ever since we got on face book it has been my excuse to keep me from this blog. I thought I would give a quick update. We are reviewing churches down here and have nearly settled on a Methodist Church where Zach has attended a couple of concerts. I was looking at a unitarian universalist church, but it seemed more like a club.

I am focusing on staying in the neighborhood of 200 through the holidays and have been keeping up running. I will be participating in a half-marathon in January with Joel and maybe Roger and Zach as well. I have gotten away from working out at the gym and have been doing a lot of pushups instead. I do about 200 a night. 200 is a common theme with me. Working nights makes me feel like I am 200 years old. I hope to eventually work up to 500 pushups a night, but we will see. I start my masters classes in January. I am taking Intro to Public Admin and Personnel Mgmt. We shall see. I didn't want to go the Criminal Justice route so that I could keep my options open.

Zach is grounded again because of grades. He is employing his tried and true method of waiting until the last minute to turn things in and rallying at the end of the quarter for a B. He reminds me of myself at his age except that I am able to check his grades and assignments online and e-mail his teachers. He will be getting his learner's permit in January(Yikes!).

Nicole is finally recovered from her crushed toe. I think it was a combination of Facebook and massive amounts of shopping that ultimately healed her.

Chloe is well behaved and talks non-stop. Zach was always able to entertain himself, but Chloe seems to lack that gene. She is an orchestrator and does not possess a pause button.

No comments: